“Rampage shooters crave the spotlight, and we should
do everything we can do to stop them.”
– Ari N. Schulman, executive editor, New Atlantis
- ARTICLE – WHAT MASS KILLERS WANT — AND HOW TO STOP THEM by Ari N. Schulman in The Wall Street Journal.
- STUDY – Contagion In Mass Killings and School Shootings. Arizona State University study by Sherry Towers
- WEB – ALERRT Center at Texas State University campaign focuses on the media, “WHAT YOU DO MATTERS.™ It’s simple but effective. Don’t name them.”
- ARTICLE – FBI ADOPTS “DON’T NAME THEM CAMPAIGN” asks media: Not to name mass shooters.
- ARTICLE – HOW DOES SOMEONE BECOME A SCHOOL SHOOTER? by Emily DeRuy 10/23/15
- LISTEN – HOW THE MEDIA CAN PREVENT MASS SHOOTINGS. Forensic psychologist Dr. Park Dietz worries the media has encouraged copycats of mass shootings.